Title Image

Title Image

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Nothing like some good music to cheer you up :)

Sometimes...a lot of the time, I find myself thinking, "What am I going to do with my life?" Here I am, almost 19 (which means almost 20-ahhhhhh!!!), 'stuck' in Rexburg, Idaho, getting my generals done in college. My current declared major is International Business, and although I'm really enjoying the once a week for one hour class, I feel more confused than ever. I am also halfway in the music program, but I'm positive I don't want to major in piano performance or piano pedagogy (which means music education/teaching). Everyday on my way to my music classes I pass by the fenced-in playground for the little kindergartners and can't help but want to be there with them. Besides, I've always wanted to be a teacher just like my 5th and 6th grade teachers were. So this brings me to my top three occupational options: 1. Business 2. Music 3. Elementary Education. Now which one do I reallllly want to do? Ideally, I'd like to mesh music and business together but I have no idea how I would find a school that offers something like that as a Major. I don't even know what jobs are available in that field. Any ideas? If so PLEASE let me know :) And while we're on the subject of music, why not lighten the mood! So here's a current list of my favorite songs:
-Boogie Shoes by KC and the Sunshine Band
-Brand New Key by Melanie
-Diplomat's Son by Vampire Weekend
-Human Wings by Fictionist
-Dust In the Wind by Kansas
-In the Summertime by Mungo Jerry
-Saskia Hamilton by Ben Folds
I guess that's it for now, but these are seriously GREAT songs so look em up! Hope you enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. Hiya Honey!! I looked up some things for you, check them out. P.S. . . . I might have just bought a couple of those songs you listed . . . So good!!

    http://www.fullsail.edu/index.cfm?fa=landing.EBMSO_4b&mnc=412&kw=music%20business%20careers&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=music%20business%20careers&utm_content=EBMSO_4b&utm_campaign=EB

    http://musicians.about.com/od/otherindustrycareers/u/IndustryJobs.htm

    http://www.berklee.edu/careers/

    http://www.musicbizbuzz.net/business/careers.htm

    Maybe some/one of these will give you ideas. Let me know. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 26 almost 27 and I am just NOW finding out what I want to do in my life. Don't stress so much now.. you still have awhile to. Trust me when I was your age there were 3 or 4 things I was going to be before I decided on what I'm doing now. Which lead to a new guy, a new city, and a totally new life.

    ReplyDelete